Sunday, November 12, 2006

WEEK 9

20. Youtube
Well, what do you know! youtube is down. I did get a chance to look at it previously and i had a look for some videos. It's not too bad, I guess its great for music lovers. The one thing i don't like is that anyone can put anything on there. So some people may not like what is there.

Let me try again. Here's my video clip



21. Podcasting
Podcasts are good, especially when you can't be bothered reading. I prefer visual information and seeing or hearing someone tell you about something is better than trying to concentrate properly. I think this would be great for training purposes, just like we are learning now. You can find podcasts on just about anything which is great. I guess the speed of your computer plays a big part(i hate when it buffers and you miss half the words)



22. Netlibrary

I had an account with net library awhile ago when we were apart of mc2(what happened to that?) Anyway i joined up again and had a look around. My eyes are getting sore from looking at the screen all the time. I prefer reading from a book, but once again this site provides great information if you do want to listen to an ebook. You can also print out sheets if you need to. This is handy for teaching classes and for leisure purposes. I could see myself using this to learn about programs but as for listening to a novel, i'll take the printed version anyday.


23. The end to a new begining

Well here i am, the last 'thing', so far it's been a great learning experience, i have come up with some great ideas for my training class and learnt about a few sites that i could use personally and that could be used in the library. I didn't know there was so much out there on the internet. I can now add this to my lifelong learning experience and i hope to be able to share my findings with others.

Can't wait for the new list of 'things' :)

1 comment:

Christine Mackenzie said...

Congratulations on completing the '23 things' Please keep blogging and encouraging others as the program continues.
Well done you have a good handle on many 2.0 technologies and their possibilities.
Well Done!
Denise